Saturday, May 21, 2011

Plano

I am terrified of Texas. My one and only experience there was when I had to spend a night at the Dallas-Fort Worth airport. I remember thinking only two things, but I remember them very clearly:

One was "I didn't know people actually carried dogs around in their purses"

The other was "These women probably think I am a pre-pubescent panda named Ling Ling"

Plano prominently features everything everything I try to avoid in life - huge portions, prolonged exposure to the sun, slabs of red meat, Dr. Pepper, country music, Frito Lay, guns. 

My flight is Sunday at 5 PM. I feel totally and woefully unprepared. A Calgarian winter followed by a Texan summer - very funny, ThoughtWorks!

Jesus, take the wheel.

1 comment:

  1. it's always interesting to live in a new place for me, and you can avoid all the stuff you don't like if you are smart. My point: no use to complain for something you can't change, try to make it work for you the most and i'm sure it will be a great experience for you. Who knows, you may end up loving Texas. Btw, say hello to Yao Ming for me if you see him on the street.

    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete