Wednesday, December 21, 2011

AMAGAD




I'm officially on vacation!*

When I plopped into my comfy awesome warm homey bed one of the first things I did was watch this trailer and have a serious nerdgasm. I haven't been so excited for a movie in years. In just two and a half wee little minutes, everything that I remembered loving about Lord of the Rings came back to me in a rush of giddiness and nostalgia. The music, the costumes, the cinematography...ohhhhh my lord. When they showed a glimpse of the Ring at the end, I seriously got the heebie-jeebies. I think I'm gonna have to re-watch the LotR series to calm myself down.

This break I look forward to catching up with loved ones, revisiting all my favorite places in Maryland, and eating until I black out. In other words, the same things I've been doing every time I've been back. It's weird - North Potomac is not really all that different from Plano. Both are suburbsy and safe and vanilla. But I sorta loathe Plano and I LOVE coming back here. I guess that mental association of "home" and "comfort" has a much bigger effect than I ever woulda guessed.

Gonna catch some shut-eye and hopefully sleep for a solid oh, ten hours or so. Then I'll wake up and chase Mochi around in my pajamas. I CAN'T WAIT.

*...Sorta. I still plan to do a few hours of work a day until Christmas. Eep.

No comments:

Post a Comment